Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Breanna's Snickerdoodles

Breanna's Snickerdoodles

1 C shortening (I prefer butter flavored crisco)               
1 ½ C sugar
2 eggs               
1 t vanilla
½ t salt               
1 t baking soda
2 t cream of tartar       
3 C flour

Cream together shortening and sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla. Mix.  Add dry ingredients.  Mix until combined.  (My dough pulls away from the bowl.) 

2 T sugar             
1 t cinnamon
Mix in a bowl.

Roll dough into balls and then into cinnamon mixture.  Place on baking sheet and slightly flatten with the bottom of a cup.  Bake at 350 for 10-13 minutes, depending on size.  They will look a little underdone when perfect. Made 18 large cookies.

**Bre uses 2 3/4 C flour, but I like mine with a little more body, so I add in a 1/4 C and bake mine a touch longer.  But Breanna still rules as the master cookie maker in my book...who am I kidding, master of everything in the kitchen!
**After baking dozens of these for Truman's Cookie Stand, I realized most people preferred them softer...so the average time for 1/4 C dough cookie was 8-9 minutes.  Once the edges begin to crack a tiny bit, take them out! Still keep the flour at 3 C.
**1 batch makes 53 (1T) or 26 (2T) or 13 (1/4C)

No comments:

Post a Comment