Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Dinner 2011

Each year I do a fun Halloween dinner.  A great tradition that my Mom started and it is constantly changing and morphing to accommodate my fam, but it happens! It always happens!  I pin some sheets up in the kitchen so they can't see what I'm making and then I deliver it to them while speaking in a british witchy voice...kind of lame and kind of funny all at the same time.
"Now eat this up you little twit!"

I come up with a menu, it started out as completely normal food with funny names (like spaghetti was worms with bloody mummy grime) and then they got to order and they never knew what was coming first....maybe dessert or maybe a salad.  Soon my kids were guessing what dinner was and so I decided to switch it up each year.  They put what order they want the items in...1-5.  I've only documented the last two.  So here's this years and I'll get last years up soon.
 
 Menu
 Mini Pumpkin Vomit
(Chili with corn for added affect!)
 
 Spider in a Web
(Corn muffin with honey butter spider web.)
 Pumpkin Guts
 Bathroom Garbage
(Q-tips - marshmallows in melted butterscotch chips.)
(Band aids - graham crackers with white frosting and red gel frosting.)
 Goblin Grins
(Snow pea pods with slivered almonds and a pepperoni.)

No comments:

Post a Comment