Monday, January 3, 2011

Bran Muffins


Bran Muffins

2 C Kellogs Bran Buds
2 C boiling water
1 C +2T  applesauce
2 C sugar
4 eggs
1 qt buttermilk

4 C Kellogs All Bran
5 C flour ( I use a mixture of Oat, Wheat and White)
1 t salt
5 t soda
1 T vanilla


Pour boiling water over bran buds.  Mix applesauce, sugar,
eggs and buttermilk.  Add both brans.  Sift flour, salt and soda.
Mix well. Add vanilla. Bake at 400 for 14-16 min. Large muffins 20 minutes.

**Especially delish if you grease muffin tin and sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar.  Then after putting in the batter, sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar also.  Makes a yummy sugary crust.
This original recipe used 1 C + 2 T oil.  I use applesauce so I can have a lot of butter on the muffins!
Also, this batter can be stored in the refrigerator up to a week.
**I made this today and used canned pumpkin instead of the applesauce. They were more fluffy and I dare say, yummier. Pumpkin is so packed with vitamins, I love it when no one notices you've gone healthier!

Pumpkin version with cinnamon/sugar, no topping and just sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment