Monday, January 30, 2012

Power Pancakes

 Power Pancake

1/4 C old fashion oatmeal
4 egg whites
1/4 C low fat cottage cheese or tofu
1 t vanilla
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
pinch of salt (only if using tofu)

Blend all ingredients in a blender and cook in a nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray.

**My girlfriend Diana introduced me to these years ago, adapted from the South Beach Diet, and I had forgotten about them. But I decided to revive them for another MOMO! (Meal On My Own)
**These things are amazing. For that stack of pancakes (used tofu), it's about 250 calories, 6 g fat, 3g fiber and 26 g of protein!

** To this little stack above I added 1/4 C cooked quinoa to the batter (just because I had some in the fridge and I want to use it up) and then served them with 1/4 C fat free greek yogurt sweetened with truvia and blueberries.  The whole meal was about 350 calories, 5 g fiber and 33 g of protein. Seriously, this is what I needed after a 10 miler on a Monday morning. It's now close to 1:00pm and I'm not even hungry yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment