Monday, January 16, 2012

Labor of Love JELLO

Labor of Love JELLO

2 (3oz) packages red jello
2 (3oz) packages orange jello
2 (3oz) packages yellow jello
2 (3oz) packages green jello
2 (3oz) packages blue jello
2 (3oz) packages purple jello
30 oz evaporated milk (3/4 C for each flavor of jello)

Mix one box of jello with 3/4 C boiling water until dissolved.  Add 3/4 C cold water.  Pour into a 9x13 pan, (best if it's glass so you can see your fun layers).  Let it set in the fridge for a while.  Mix 2nd box of the same flavor of jello with 3/4 C boiling water and let sit for a while until cool.  Add 3/4 C evaporated milk and mix well.  Gently pour onto first layer.  Continue with each jello color.

**OK, this seriously took forever.  A few tips...blue jello tastes gross, next time I will just use 5 jellos, starting with purple, red, orange, yellow and green.  It got so full, I could barely fit in one layer of purple and that was the favorite flavor.  It literally was to the very top of my pyrex 9x13.
** I made this once when Gray was little, but had forgotten about it, until we went to Thanksgiving at Monette and Eric's and sweet (dang her) Annie had spent 10 hours making this. My kids went crazy over it! I had hoped they had forgotten, but Tru requested it for his birthday (11 years old).  I told him I loved him so much, that I would do it!
**Easiest to do if you have space in your fridge that it can stay and you can just pour the layers onto it in the fridge.
**One last note...look at the photo, I was a little impatient in between the green layers...and it messed it up a bit.  Patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment