Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Fave Smoothie

My Fave Smoothie

1 C frozen blueberries
1 medium carrot, peeled
2 C spinach
1/2 C plain greek yogurt (Fage or Kirkland brands)
1 T wheat germ
1 T ground flaxseed
1/2 t cinnamon
water to liking (I use about 1/2 C)
Truvia to liking (it's a natural no calorie sweetener)

Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.  I like mine with a little texture, but if you are bothered by texture, add a little more water and blend like crazy!

**This little powerhouse has 250 calories, 10 g of fiber and 18 g of protein. It's a favorite lunch for me! And supposedly most of these ingredients have crazy super powers, even the cinnamon!
**Update, as of late I haven't been using the carrot....but I've been adding in a T of Udo's oil to save my body from all the damage I'm doing running! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment