Saturday, July 16, 2011

Roll Ups

 Roll Ups

2 eggs
1 C milk
1 C Bisquick

Serve with cinnamon, sugar and fresh lemon. No other way. :)

Blend in a blender. Cook in a large skillet over medium heat, by melting a little butter (1/4 tsp) and pouring batter to make about a 4-5 inch circle. Tilt and swirl the pan to spread batter, like you are making a crepe. When mostly cooked through, ease spatula under the roll up (the middle usually has a little spot that sticks) and flip. Re-invert on to a plate.  Butter generously, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and squeeze some lemon over the sugar.  Roll up and eat.

**This recipe gives me grief. Sometimes they stick, somettimes they don't. So sometimes I add a little oil (a tablespoon to a double batch of batter) and sometimes I add a little more Bisquick to thicken the roll up a bit. But no matter what I do, the first one is always a disaster.

**This is what I ate almost every Saturday growing up.  I can see my Mom with a dish towel on her shoulder, swirling the pan, and all of us waiting impatiently because they couldn't come fast enough.  My kids love them and every once in a while they try to add syrup and I shudder. Long live the Roll Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment