Sunday, October 26, 2014

Holly's Apple Fennel Salad

Holly's Apple Fennel Salad
Apples
Fennel
Celery
Celery Root

Any combination of the above ingredients.  I use a mandolin and slice some and shred some, just depending on the day. You could slice it by hand, the only ingredient that I think is best really thin is the fennel.

Lemon Dressing
1/4 C champagne vinegar
2 lemons (zested and juiced)
1 T sugar
1 1/2 C oil (I use closer to 1 C)
salt and pepper to taste (I usually use 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t pepper)

Whisk all ingredients together and toss with salad.  Salad can be tossed ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator.   Stays crunchy and bright for a couple hours.

*Josie requested this for her 8th birthday dinner.
*My favorite is to use honeycrisp apples, but great with granny smiths too.
*This has been passed to me by my amazing sis in law Holly....the real chef in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment