Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches

Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches

Cookies
Ice cream

Place cookies in a zip lock and place in freezer.  When cookies are hard and firm, get ice cream and cookies out of the freezer.  Scoop ice cream onto cookie and press with top cookie, working quickly.  Wrap in tin foil and place in the freezer immediately. Enjoy a little later.

**When I was little, my mom made a bunch of these sandwiches with ginger snaps, and I remember them in the freezer stacked in nice silver tin foil towers.  I mean really, who would eat a fat boy when you can have a homemade one that is soooo much better!
**Any cookies will work as long as they are frozen first, but through my experience, Breyers natural vanilla ice cream is the best! 
**I'm obsessed with the spicy molasses cookie ice cream sandwiches at the moment...this ice cream was a tad thick, a little too hard to eat, but man was it the best "fat boy" I've ever seen!  I made mini ones at this exact same time....1 1/2 inches wide....really tiny, but the kids love them!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Traci! Just found your blog today. I can't remember if you told me that you had a recipe blog when I ran into you at Liz Collins' wedding, but I think Melody Walker may have mentioned it recently. Anyway, your blog looks terrific! Can't wait to try some of these recipes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete