Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tracy's Two Bean Salad

Tracy's Two Bean Salad

2 Cans Great Northern Beans
5 C fresh green beans
3 green onions, sliced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/4 C fresh oregano, chopped
1/4 C feta cheese, crumbled
1 lemon, juice and zest
1/4 C olive oil
(salt and pepper to taste)

Boil green beans until soft but sitll crisp.  When done, strain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.  Chop.  Drain the Great Northern Beans and rinse. Place both beans, bell pepper and green onion in a large bowl.  Mix dressing by combining lemon zets and juice with oregano and olive oil.  Toss salad with dressing.  Add feta and toss. Salt and pepper to taste.

** My friend Tracy Wolsey made this salad and I loved it! I added the tomatoes for fun and they ended up being one of my favorite parts.  The flavors are so yummy and Greek! Awesome to have a salad in the line up that is healthy and different!

2 comments:

  1. Traci, you'll remember sitting next to my husband, Nick on the plan last weeken to Austin. Thanks for referring him to your blog! I already made your two bean salad, your peach blueberry cobbler, and your snickerdoodles. They all turned out great, and we'll make them again! Thanks again for sharing your recipies!
    -Alyssa Welsch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. Double typos. I mean "plane" and "weekend". Lol Oh yeah, and I also make your White Chicken Chili. That one was awesome too! Even my kids loved it!
    -Alyssa

    ReplyDelete